What does Tenant Report do?
Tenant Report makes it super easy for a landlord, property manager, or real estate agent to get a credit report + background check + eviction history search from a potential tenant or renter.
How much does it cost?
It costs $0 for the person reviewing the reports (usually a landlord, property manager, or real estate agent)
It costs $30 for the applicant who is applying to live at a rental property. This includes the cost of all the reports (more detail below).
There are no other fees - no monthly fees, no subscription fees, no contracts, etc.
Who uses Tenant Report?
Landlords, property managers, and real estate agents -- anyone who needs to request a credit report to evaluate a prospective tenant.
Our company has been providing reports and applications for clients in all 50 states since 2010.
How does Tenant Report work?
Super simple! You only have to do ONE thing: enter the applicant's email address.
We do the rest.
Here's the whole process:
- You (the landlord / property manager / real estate agent) enter the applicant's email address into Tenant Report.
- We send the applicant an email containing a secure, unique link. This has a short form for them to complete which asks for only the absolute minimum information required by TransUnion to get a report.
- The applicant completes this information online and pays online with a credit card.
- We request the information directly from TransUnion (takes less than 1 minute).
- We notify you via email that the report is ready.
What if the applicant doesn't have an email address?
Unfortunately, Tenant Report *only* works by sending the applicant an email to complete basic personal information and pass a challenge/response ID verification procedure.
Most of our clients are technology enabled brokerages and property management companies who work with tenants that have mobile phones, so this isn't an issue.
However, if you require another process, please contact our support team directly or chat us and we can try to provide you with an alternate provider.
How long does it take for me to get reports??
Instant, once the applicant provides their information to us and pays for the reports. Once we request the reports from TransUnion, they are generally available to you in less than 1 minute.
What reports are included?
- A TransUnion credit report, using their proprietary ResidentScore, including tradelines and credit history. Read more here.
- A nationwide criminal background check, including sex offender search. Read more here.
- A nationwide eviction history search, which checks for evictions, judgments, detainers and more. Read more here.
Where is Tenant Report based?
Tenant Report is made with ❤️ in Chicago, Illinois.